Monday, August 20, 2012

The County Fair

Last week was our County Fair. It seems like the last one was just a little bit ago, but here it is again! :)

The kids all worked really hard on their projects for 4-H and they did really well. I thought I'd share the fibery projects with you.

The oldest knit an awesome shawl out of 100% natural wool. She spent a lot of time working on the project and then setting it down in favor of another project. She finished this right at the last minute, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it.

She got a Best in Class for this!


She also crocheted a sweater. She's the first of us to actually finish a sweater! Mine is still waiting for cooler weather to work on it again.

The sweater got a Best in Class and then went on to get a Best in Show award!


The middle child (she'll hate me for calling her that) knit a very cute pair of snowmen. She named them Candace and Jeremy. Can you guess what her favorite show is?

She got a blue ribbon for these. She also got a Best in Show award for the counted cross stitch picture she entered. Yay! I can't find my picture of it right now though.


Oh, and because I didn't want to feel left out, I entered my shawl in the Adult Open class division. It got first place!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I knew you'd all do well:) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...