Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tour de Fleece Days 5-7

A question for all my Midwest friends - Are you surviving the heat? 11 days in a row over 90* is way too much!! We don't have any air conditioning so it's been a rough week and a half.

I've been sitting and hugging the fan this week. I can't knit at all, but spinning hasn't been too bad. I have a small desk fan that I "liberated" from my teenage daughter's room and if I keep it blowing on my hands I can spin without the fiber sticking too much to my hands.

This is a good thing since the Tour de Fleece is still going strong. I showed you the first yarn I finished and yesterday I was able to complete my second. I love this yarn so much!


I had some leftover batts from a spin-a-long that we did back in the Spring. They were orange with a bit of red and called Tulips. Orange normally isn't my color, but these were calling my name.


They took me 3 days to complete and I love this yarn. Oh wait, I already said that. It's got lots of angelina which gives this skein a real sparkle. Watching it hanging out on the line catching the sun, made it look breathtaking!


Are you spinning in the Tour de Fleece? How's is your spinning going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...